With technology growing businesses by leaps and bounds, it’s become more crucial for businesses to adapt newer safety measures to increase security. Online Backup is the best way to keep your business safe. There are several options to choose from and this guide is designed to help you figure out what you or your business will need.
The Business Online Backup Solution:
There are a few options to take into account when getting started with backing up your business online.
The first thing you should ask yourself is “How much space do I need?” This is crucial because there are several ways to adapt storage size to the size of your business. Depending on the package.
Then you should ask, "How many computer are you able to backup?" This number is expected to be higher than five for most businesses. Usually there will be a maximum storage size for any number of computers to use. However, there are also variable plans that change per data used, and do not charge extra per user.
The next question for backing up your business online is “How many users need access to the online backup?” Assuming your business consists of more than one person you will need to have this figured out before looking at plans.
We have broken down these categories and found companies that match your needs. Hopefully this strategy guide will help you and your business make the best decision.
5+ Computers with up to 5 Users:
- Box.net - Business Plan - Starts at $15 per user a month for 500GB
- iBackup - Workgroup Plans: start at $20.00/month ($216.00/yr) for 10GB
- Database backup, starts with 3 sub accounts.
- ElephantDrive - $25/month ($200/year) for 50GB up to 5 users
- SugarSync - Business Plans Start at $49.99/month ($449/year) for 100 GBs and 3 users
- Add a user - $9.99/month
- Add storage $29.99 per 100 GB/month
Pros and Cons of Business Online Backup:
- Essential to data protection
- Offers off-site security
- Simplifies work group data storage procedures
- Cost Effective
- Businesses with larger data requirements will pay more