One of the most well known and advertised online backup service on the market. You go to their website and sign-up for flat rate plan of $54.95/year, get the software and start downloading. They simply take all your data and put it on their secure servers. All your files are backed up and can be restored at any time. If you need a file you can retrieve it from any computer or smart phone. This is a big company with a stable reputation.
- Located in Boston, MA
- 160 employees
- Secure business and BBB Accredited
- Founded by David Friend and Jeff Flowers, to make backing up files simple, easy and worry free.
- Backed up over 69 billion files in 2006. More than 150 million every day. Restored over 6.1 billion files.
- 2 Secure Data centers. Boston and Somerville, MA
Carbonite Features & Plans:
- Flat Rate Plan (Home Use)
- Unlimited Backup for $54.95/yr for 1 computer, Easy to use software
- Carbonite Pro (Small Business) Unlimited Backup
- Starts at $10/month based on space used
- Supports external drive backup
- Easy to use software
Carbonite Technical Features:
Secure Backup, Remote File Access (App available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Blackberry online sign-in, Android Market access), Automatic/Incremental/Selective/Idle Backups, Photo Organizer and much more...
- 24/7 Support: Yes
- Phone Support: Weekdays 9a.m. – 5p.m. EST, weekends 12p.m. – 4p.m. EST. Excluding holidays
- Email Support: Yes
- Ticket System: Yes
- Live Support Chat: Yes (24hrs/day)
- Support Forums: No
- FAQ & Knowledge base: Yes
- Video Tutorials: Yes
- Company Blog: Yes