About Jungle Disk:
A subsidiary of Rackspace Hosting, Jungle Disk uses it’s own servers to help you save on transfer costs while reliably backing up your Data. However, they also give you access to Amazon S3 servers. Based in Atlanta, GA, Rackspace hosting is the main provider of resources for Jungle Disk. They specialize in scalability, being able to work with any size business or person.
Jungle Disk Facts:
- Located in Atlanta, Ga
- Founded by Dave Wright 2007, now owned by Rackspace, Inc (NYSE: RAX)
- 1,992 Rackspace Employees
- Customers in over 100 countries
- 2 Secure Data centers. Boston and Somerville, MA
Jungle Disk Features & Plans:
- Jungle Disk Simply Backup - $2/month + Storage Fees
- Only one account and no share or sync feature
- Jungle Disk Desktop Edition - $3/month + Storage Fees
- Allows multiple computer sync w/ one account
- Jungle Disk Workgroup Edition - $4 per user/month + Storage Fees
- Allows multiple computer sync cloud with multiple accounts
- Jungle Disk Server Edition - $4 per server/month + Storage Fees
- Not for desktops. This is for servers only but has remote access capabilities
- Use either Rackspace or Amazon for server space.
- $0.15 per GB-Month of storage used.
- First 5GB Storage FREE.
- No data transfer or request charges.
Amazon S3 storage:
- $0.14 per GB-Month of storage used.
- First 5 GB Storage FREE.
- $0.10 per GB of data uploaded
- $0.15 per GB of data downloaded.
- $0.01 per 1000 upload requests
- $0.01 per 10,000 download requests
Jungle Disk Technical Features:
Secure Backup, Remote File Access (App available for iPhone and iPad), Automatic Backups, Real-Time Sync, and much more...
Jungle Disk Support:
- 24/7 Support: Yes
- Phone Support: Yes
- Email Support: Yes
- Ticket System: Yes
- Live Support Chat: No
- Support Forums: Yes
- FAQ & Knowledge base: Yes
- Video Tutorials: No
- Company Blog: Yes